Been really busy these past few weeks, with my day job but did find the time to finish this little project.
I approached it with the goal of rigging a nice wing system. As with allot of my projects I wanted to keep it cartoony and the end results are pretty cool. The model I wanted to keep really simple and keep the so I didn't spend too long on the texture because I knew the focus of the project was rigging a bird.
The rig itself has some cool features like auto fanning on the feathers, a nice twist for each feather. Also I have set up an auto fold for the entire wings. A big challenge was adjusting the eye rig so that it could look forward straight but still keeping in the realms of reality where the eyes are on the side of the head. After fitting a stretchy neck and spine I decided to add an extra blend shape that help maintain volume when the neck is compressed.
As with the previous project, I'm just trying to focus on some things I haven't done before and expand my skill set.
Its been a tricky few weeks, was planning on going back to University to do the MA course, got accepted onto the course but after looking at my finances and the very little financial support offered it just isn't possible at this time. Been moved onto the 2016 course but in the mean time focusing my search on getting a job in a studio.
Stay tuned to see more projects.